Last week I was invited to the Centre for Translational Microbiome Research (CTMR) to present KI as part of a visit Ferring Pharmaceuticals to the centre. It was very interesting meeting the representatives from Ferring, visit the center and hear about all what they are achieving in this new research field which is a very concrete example of how new technology, in this case high throughput sequencing, opens up new scientific avenues. During the visit to the labs we got a mixture of new and old. We were presented with a very impressive film about CTMR activities, we some CTMR activities were presented in the form of more old fashioned posters (still very informative) and we learnt that technology cannot replace all, microbes are still grown on substrates in petri dishes! CTMR started in January 2016 as a collaboration between KI, SciLifeLab and Ferring Pharmaceuticals and it is very impressive what they have achieved in this short time.
Ole Petter Ottersen, president 2017-2023
- Ett varmt tack för mig – och ett stort tack till alla!
- Agility in a health crisis – a report on the lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Internationellt samarbete innebär noggranna överväganden
- Öppet brev till utbildningsministern Mats Persson: Fyra hinder och en förutsättning för excellent forskning och utbildning
- Grattis till utnämningarna, Annika och Martin!